Association of Certified Fraud Examiners – Inland Empire Chapter March 2019 Dinner Meeting. Click here
Two cases were highlighted to illustrate how elders are preyed upon and isolated, and their families and loved ones are left in the limbo between the law and reality. Relatives and loved ones often believe that the courts will protect them and punish wrongdoing after a vulnerable elder has been victimized by someone who took control of their life and drained an estate. The reality is far more complicated.
Some Audience Response:
- Compelling and horrific. Great work!
- I found the presentation “brutally honest”
- Your cases captivated me
- You captured the complete attention of all immediately and throughout. It was great
- It’s shocking what “family” members do to their relatives once they smell blood (money)
- Thanks again for your presentation to all of us in the IE ACFE chapter this last Tuesday, it was fantastic!